I have yet to find something that these brownies won’t solve. I’ve tested them on all my friends, even those who mildly scoff at the idea of healthy desserts, and these brownies have prevailed. Every. Single. Time.
They are so fudgey and delicious – I love to slightly underbake them so they’re crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside. And since these are vegan, the brownie batter is 100% fair game. I’m not speaking from personal experience or anything but uh….it’s possible that only half the batter makes in into the oven…..
The batter could low-key be a recipe on its own. But I digress.
Fudgey Chocolate Brownies (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- 5 TBSP gluten-free flour found mine at traders. You can also pulse gluten-free rolled oats in a blender and sub evenly
- 1 flax egg 2 TBSP ground flaxseed + 5 TBSP warm water, left to sit for at least 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or bar of choice chopped up (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter can also sub peanut butter or cashew butter, just make sure it's smooth
- 1/4 cup melted/cooled coconut oil
Prepare flax egg and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and melted/cooled coconut oil until it is very smooth. Slowly add in cocoa powder incrementally, stirring the mixture until everything is throughly mixed. Add flax egg. Tablespoon by tablespoon, add Gluten free flour or your pulsed GF oats. Fold in chocolate chips. Place in pan of choice (I recommend 8X8 but really doesn't matter!) bake on 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes. I like mine fudgey and slightly underbaked so mine took around 24. These are amazingly fudgey so beware!