You all obviously know that I’m extremely passionate about health, fitness, greens, etc, but like let’s be real here. I’m not trying to drink an actual purée of my vegetables. That’s why I eat salads and vegetables during my other meals.
Not trying to hate on an all kale, spinach, and squeeze of lemon juice smoothie, but it’s just not my thing. However, this smoothie…this is my thing.
The title of this post basically gives everything away: this truly is my go-to smoothie recipe.
The best part is, you can’t even taste the greens. It’s delicious, gives you a lot of energy, and makes you feel great afterwards.
I put the details of my essential smoothie base in my Blueberry Pie Smoothie post but I want to add it here too:
- Frozen bananas. These are the textbook definition of smoothie game changer. Ripen your bananas, and when they are spotty just chop into little coins and throw into a ziplock in the freezer. These will consistently make your smoothie thicker, creamier, and sweeter without adding any actual sugar.
- Unsweetened non-dairy milk. Almond milk is my favorite, but I’ve also been loving oat milk and hemp milk. Just be sure to watch out for any added sugars.
- Frozen spinach. I love throwing frozen spinach in all of my smoothies because you can’t taste it, and health is good.
- Nut butter. When I’m not eating this from the jar with a spoon, I’m putting it in my smoothies. Adds protein, healthy fat, and it just tastes so good.
- Chia seeds. Fiber is your friend.
Take this smoothie on the go, or eat it topped with your favorite goods: I love granola, shredded coconut, and nut butter!
Go-To Green Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1/2 - 1 cup almond milk (you don't want to add too much, just enough to make it blend so it's creamy)
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 TBSP almond butter
- dash cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder
Blend it up! Top with favorites and enjoy!